Comment on page
Please carefully read this Policy before you use or submit any information through or in connection with the Services. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business. Unless otherwise required by laws in your residence, by using our Services, you accept our privacy practices described in this Policy.
We collect and store personal information that you directly provide us through our Site, when using our Products, and other ways.
We will collect and store personal information that you provide to us directly through our website when using our products, as well as through other means (such as through user support requests, interacting through social media, participating in surveys or promotions, applying for a job, and interacting on our website and at events). The information we collect includes, such as:
- Account and profile information. When you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the Services, we collect information about you which includes without limitation your name, business telephone number and your email address, passwords, and similar security information used for authentication and account access. You may also choose to provide us with a display name, profile photo, job title, and other details to your profile information to be displayed in our Services.
- Content you provide through our products: As part of the service, we collect and store the content you post, send, receive, and share through our product. This includes any data you enter in any "free text" box on our product, as well as files and links you upload to the service. Examples of the content we collect and store include: applications you create in Dify.AI, descriptions of application-related commands, links to access applications, links to privacy policies for applications, or any other information you provide.
- Content provided by you through community platforms, instant messaging tools, or our website: We also collect other content that you submit to us for operation of website channels (such as social media or social networking sites). For example, when you provide feedback or participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, events, or activities, you provide content to us through phone, community interaction, IM services, etc. (such as GitHub, Twitter, Discord, WeChat, Slack, etc.)
- Information provided through our support channels: Through our user support, you can choose to submit information about any issues you encounter while using our services. You may contact us through email, third-party IM tools to directly communicate with our support team. You will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the issue you are facing, and any additional documents, screenshots, or information that may help to resolve the problem.
- Payment and billing information: When you use certain paid services on Dify.AI, we collect your payment and billing information. You may also be required to provide credit card information to third-party secure payment processing service providers (such as Stripe). We do not store your credit card information.
When you use our services (including browsing our website and taking certain actions within the service), we may collect information about you.
- Your Use of the Services: When you access any of our services and interact with them, we may track certain information about you, including but not limited to the features you use; the links you click on; the type, size, and filenames of attachments you upload to the services; and how you interact or click on our product services.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect information about the devices you use to access our services, such as your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices. This type of device information also includes your connection type and settings when installing, accessing, updating, or using our services. We also collect information about your operating system, browser type, URL of referring/exit pages, IP address, device identifiers, and crash data through your device.
- Geolocation Data: Based on your device settings, we may collect geolocation data when you access our website and use our products. For example, we may use your IP address to infer your approximate location.
We receive information about you from other service users, our partners, and third-party service providers, social media platforms, and public databases. We may combine this information with the information we collect through other means. This helps us update and improve our records, identify new customers, create more personalized advertising, and recommend services that you may be interested in. When asked to provide personal information, you may refuse. However, if you choose not to provide the information required for certain products, these products or some of their features may not be available or may not function properly.
We are not responsible for the data policies and procedures or content of any third party. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
For example, we may use any of the categories of personal information we describe above to:
- Operate, maintain and improve our internal operations, systems, Sites, and Products.
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Sites and Products, to provide recommendations, to solicit feedback, and to better market and advertise to you.
- Monitor and analyze user interactions with our Sites and Products to identify trends, usage, and activity patterns.
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide technical support or customer service.
- Provide and deliver the Products you request.
- Comply with applicable laws, rules, or regulations and cooperate and defend legal claims and audits.
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Dify.AI and our partners.
- Plan and host corporate events.
- Protect the Site and Products, and investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
We may also use such information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purpose with your consent.
We may share your personal information with your consent. We may also share any category of personal information described above:
- Sharing with our business partners and other third-party service providers. We share information with third parties who help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support, and market our services. For example, to provide services to you, we may share information with third-party service partners who provide consulting support. We work with third-party service providers who provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analytics, and other services to us. Such services may require the service provider to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to act on our behalf in performing services, they will do so under our close instruction and adopt appropriate security and confidentiality procedures to protect your information.
- Sharing with potential buyers and advisors. If there is a company sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, similar event, or measures taken in anticipation of such an event (such as due diligence in a transaction), your personal information may (in accordance with applicable law) be shared with our advisors and any potential buyer's advisors and be transferred to the new owner of the business.
- Sharing information to maintain compliance with laws and regulations. We may share information as required by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws or the reasonable requests of law enforcement, enforce our terms of service, or protect the security or integrity of our website and products, or to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our customers, users, or others.
Keeping your information safe. LangGenius cares about the security of your information and takes reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction of personal information. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems or your information.
Lawful basis for processing personal information (EEA only). LangGenius , is the data controller of your information.
This section below is specifically for you if you are located in the European EconomicArea (EEA), United Kingdom or Switzerland.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will indicate this at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences, if any, if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), we will indicate to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Retention. We retain personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed and for longer periods as necessary for us to comply with applicable laws. For example, we retain your account information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with Products you have requested or authorized, including maintaining and improving the performance of the Products and protecting system security. We also retain personal data as needed to maintain appropriate business and financial records, protect our legal interests, resolve disputes, or comply with legal or regulatory requirements. Thereafter, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will store your personal information using appropriate security measures and take appropriate steps designed to isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to the applicable laws. These include the following rights to:
- Access your personal information: You have the right to ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal information, and, where that is the case, access to the personal information and receive information on how your data is processed as well as ask us to provide a copy of your personal information.
- Rectify your personal information: You have the right to have any incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Erase your personal information: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information when, for example, the data we hold on you is no longer needed or when your data has been processed unlawfully.
- Object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information and request us to cease processing of it if, for example, this data is being processed for the purpose of direct marketing or where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). Under certain circumstances, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Restrict the processing: You have the right to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the accuracy of the personal information; (b) if our use of the data is illegal but you do not want it erased; (c) if you require us to hold the data even if we no longer need it as you require it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) if you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability): If we are processing your personal information based on your consent or a contract, you can ask to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Without any obstacle from us, you can also ask us to transmit those data to another controller.
- Withdraw consent: Where we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process that personal information, but we may be unable to continue providing certain products or services to you for which the personal information was sought. At the time you withdraw your consent, we will advise you if this is the case.
- Opt-out of communications: By using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your Service account settings menu, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database, you may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us. You will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services even after you opt-out from receiving promotional messages from us. You can opt-out of some notification messages in your account settings. Please note, you will continue to receive generic ads.
- Send "Do Not Track" Signals: Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals since there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt-out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data (such as where tax authorities require us to retain it) or where it is needed for the proper performance of a contract. Under certain circumstances, this may mean that we are able to retain data even if you withdraw your consent.
If an administrator manages the service for you (see "Notice to End Users" below), you may need to contact your administrator first to assist with your requests. For all other requests, please contact us through the details in the "How to Contact Us" section below. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
If you are a California resident, please kindly refer to the "California Requirements" below for your rights and other important information.
There are some additional rights that may be available to you under the California Consumer Protection Act ("CCPA") if you are a California resident. In addition to those listed under "How to access and control your information" above, we will explain to you in the following paragraphs how you may exercise your rights under the CCPA:
- Right against discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to know, delete or opt-out of sales.
- Right to opt-out of selling: You have the right to opt-out of having your personal information sold. We do not sell your personal information. The terms of "personal information" and "selling" are broadly defined under the CCPA and such that sharing identifiers linked to you for a benefit may be considered a sale. You have the right to understand the types of personal information that we sold about you and the types of third parties with whom we shared such information.
- Processing your information: his Policy outlines the types of personal information we may collect, the sources of that information, as well as our rules on deletion and retention. We’ve also included information about how we may process your information, which includes for "business purposes" as defined by the CCPA - such as to protect against illegal activities, and for the development of new products, features, and technologies. If you have questions regarding the categories of information we may collect about you, please refer to the section of this Policy called "What information we collect about you". You may also refer to the section called "How we use information we collect" for more details about our processing activities.
Our Services are NOT directed to children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal data from our systems. If you become aware or have reason to believe that a child has provided us with personal information through our Services, please contact us at the details in Section "How to Contact Us" below and we will delete that information from our databases.
We may modify this Policy at any time, without prior notice, and changes may apply to any personal information we already hold about you, as well as any new personal information collected after the Policy is modified. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy. We will provide you with advanced and more prominent notice if we make any material changes to how we collect, use or disclose your personal information that impacts your rights under this Policy. Unless otherwise required by laws in your residence, your continued access or use of our Services after receiving the notice of changes, constitutes your acknowledgement that you accept the updated Policy.
In addition, we may provide you with real-time disclosures or additional information about the personal information handling practices of specific parts of our Services. Such notices may supplement this Policy or provide you with additional choices about how we process your personal information.If you disagree with any changes to this Policy, you will need to stop using the Services and deactivate your account(s), as outlined above.
Your information is controlled by LangGenius. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to LangGenius, which is responsible for facilitating such inquiries.
LangGenius, Inc., a Delaware registered company (File No. 7358523), USA.